What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a condition that causes the blood sugar level to become high. It is a lifelong condition and has 2 main types.
Type 1 – The body’s immune system attacks and destroys the insulin-producing cells
Type 2 – The body stops producing sufficient insulin or the body stops reacting to insulin
What Are The Symptoms of Diabetes?
- Feeling unquenchable thirst
- Frequent peeing than usual, particularly at night
- Feeling very tired
- Weight loss and loss of muscle bulk
- Frequent episodes of thrush or itching around genitals
- Slow healing cuts or wounds
- Blurred vision
How Can You Get Your Diabetes Tested?
If you have noticed any of the symptoms above, you can contact the specialists at Springfield Medical Clinic to test for diabetes. There will be tests performed on your blood and urine to assess your blood sugar levels. Depending on the diagnosis, treatments will be recommended.